ZAINAB SALEH | 3RD DAN | INSTRUCTOR | AFRICAN KARATE REFEREE
Zainab Saleh heads various organizations as the Managing Director as well as the Marketing Director of File Right Limited. She is also currently the Managing Director of Brains and Hammers Facility Management Limited, Robyn’s Realtors Limited and the Executive Director, Operations, Check Inn Hotels.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State as well as other certifications for other professional courses attended.
Zainab has over eighteen years working experience in general administration, operations/logistics, business development/consultancy, and documents (records) management for various industries such as the Oil and Gas, Telecommunications, Legal, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate and Construction, giving her a wealth of experience in these fields and thus, the mantel of leadership in the organizations she runs. She also sits on the board of other organizations as an Executive Director.
Zainab has always had a passion for sports. She is an avid karateka and squash player. Her dedication and experience for the sport of karate has yielded her the position of Lagos State Technical Director for Karate. She is a recognized continental referee and was also the Chairperson Women’s Affairs Commission, Union African Karate Federation (UFAK) and at a point in time, a member of the Technical Committee for the Karate Federation of Nigeria. She currently sits on the board of the Karate Federation of Nigeria
She has contributed immensely to the advancement of the sport in Nigeria, and has encouraged and promoted active participation of women in the sport. She single handedly organized a successful female international open karate championship that is well recognized. She is a role model to other female karatekas, and her accomplishments have not gone unnoticed by them.
At various times, she has served as the Assistant General Secretary, and Squash Captain of the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club.
Awards and Achievements
- Currently possess a 3rd dan, black belt in Karate (4th dan in view)
- Karate Judge UFAK
- Karate Referee in West Africa Zone 3, UFAK and Nigeria.
- 58th President of the International Women’s Society (2015/2016)
- Chairperson, International Women’s Society (IWS) Nominations Committee (2016/2017)
- Technical Director, Lagos State Karate Association (to date)
- Chairperson Women’s Affairs Commission, Union of Africa Karate Federations (UFAK)
- Chaperone to Nigeria’s National Karate Team, Abuja 2003
- Technical Official during 8th All African Games, Abuja 2003
- Assistant Secretary General, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club
- Squash Captain, Lagos Lawn Tennis Club
- Secretary, Queen’s College, Class Association
- Newsletter Editor, International Women’s Society
- Programs Secretary, International Women’s Society
- Assistant Hospitality Secretary, International Women’s Society
- Possess bronze medallion for life saving